Friday, September 05, 2008

College anyone?

So Wednesday I hopped in the car with my parents, with a lot of suite cases, and drove to Idaho. We arrived and checked into the hotel, well my mother did I sat in the car with da. Anyway she came out and started talking about a girl she had met that was supposed to be staying in 137 in Kerr hall. The same hall as me only a different apartment. We went to our room and then mom and I went to the bookstore to get my books, only we couldn't until Saturday. We ran into the girl again and I learned her Name was Danielle. We also tried to get my Icard but we also had to wait with that. We were heading back to the car when we saw Danielle again. Only I didn't say hi because by this time I felt like we were stalking each other. Mom and I went back to the hotel and picked up da to go to dinner with one of mom's old friends for college.
Then it was back to the hotel and watched Bones, which I sadly got addicted to three weeks before college and now I don't have a tv here. Sigh...... Anyway that night I couldn't really fall asleep because I was so nervous about meeting my roommates. I think I finally fell asleep around 2 in the morning. Long story short I stood in line for housing and my Icard then went to my apartment. I was the first one there, yea, and I was unpacking when my first roommate showed up and who should it be but Danielle. We thought that was really weird. She took the other room which was okay by me. Then I went and got groceries and stuff with my parents when I came back I met another roommate, Kristen. She is roomed with Danielle which is cool too. Then my other roommate showed up, Allyx. Is that not the coolest way you have ever seen to spell Alex? Anyway we get along really well because she's not super girlie and neither am I, unlike the other two girls, plus she's an artist, only ten times better than me ha ha.
That night was the parents dinner and that was really cool. There was Polynesian dancing and a fire dancer, that was my favorite part :} Then I spent the first night in my apartment. We stayed up till around 130 talking about different things. it was fun. the next two days were just getting to know campus and stuff with a team of freshmen. It was just like EFY and no one really felt in college. My parents left too, and that was kinda sad but I guess it's necessary. Saturday one of Allyx's friends came over and they went to go sketch in the gardens. Allyx invited me along because Danielle and Kristen had some of their boy friends over and she could tell I wasn't exactly comfortable. Her friend's name is Mie Ling, but she goes by Mei Mei, or however you spell that. That was cool because that's what K lah calls me, it's Mandarin for little sister. Anyway
I-night was fun too. Some of campus was set up like a carnival with tons of different stuff. I hung out with one of the girls a few apartments down. We've become good friends too. Then sunday we went to church and a CES Fireside. Oh Saturday night I got an e-mail from the bishop saying he wanted to see me! I seriously thought I was going to be called as the relief society president. Luckily it was a get to know you interview. Thank heavens. ha ha
Today was my first day of classes. They went pretty well. Math seems like it will be fun. Everyone in there is really nice. When I went to my Provident living class I was sitting there waiting for it to start and who should walk in but Crystal! Richard's sister. How weird is that? It was cool and all but I just didn't expect it ha ha.
It was a good first class. So that's about it.
Gotta Blaze

2 comments:

Lalani said...

Yay! You're a college student now! Sounds like everything is going wonderful.

Keep blogging...I want to live vicariously through you! :)

Balgram said...

This is amazing, geez.

For the first time, I really regret not getting the whole "dorm" experience. It sounds like you get to meet some neat people.