Saturday, September 20, 2008

baking

"Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can."
-Douglas Pagels

So this morning I woke up to the most wonderful sound, rain. It took me a few moments to realize what it was I jumped out of bed and threw open all the windows. Luckily my roommates love the rain as well.
I had pre-decided that today would be a day of baking because I am a student living coordinator, it's kinda like a mix of Relief society president and an RA, and I hadn't met my girls yet. I thought cookies would be the best way to do that. So I started with no bake cookies. Which I found out are some of Allyx's favorite kind. Then I moved onto Double chocolate cookies. Thank you so much Lani for my wonderful book! Thankfully our oven decided to cooperate so the chocolate cookies came out perfectly. I dropped off over 6 dozen cookies! Of course two dozen went to each apartment so it wasn't that bad. It was funny because Allie and Jossolin were sitting in their doorway watching the rain so they got to hear me talk to the other two apartments and they just laughed when I came to theirs. I'm glad I have friends here. :}
So a review of the week:
Monday was classes and FHE. FHE was really fun because the whole ward went out to this huge field and played different games, they provided dinner too which is nice for us poor college students. ha ha. Oh mom and da also came up this week cause da was doing something with the something or other.
Tuesday I hung out with the parents in the morning and then went to class, oh and we went grocery shopping. It's really nice to be able to put a meal together.
Okay so day by day is really boring basically I hung out with some boys in the ward at our apartment. Well kinda. I sat and watched a movie with them and then went and did homework.
But I did find out how huge and beautiful the gardens here are. And I have several places that I have narrowed down to where Richard could have asked Lani to marry him.
Then yesterday I went to a concert with Jossolin. It was amazing! I think it was called Buckets and Tap shoes. It was really awesome. Then it's today and it rained but sadly it stopped. Hopefully it will start up again.
Well laterz!!!

2 comments:

lonestarhoneybee said...

Boring? You're life sounds so wonderfully adventurous!! So much to do and so much to see!

Lalani said...

I will show you where it is when we come up sometime.