Thursday, October 16, 2008

A not so quick recap

"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart." -William Wordsworth
On Friday I went to woods and got tons of weird looks. That'll happen when you are wearing a bulging backpack, rolling a small suitcase along, and have two tubber ware containers under your arm. I was going home at 4:30 via the shuttle and there was no way I was trekking across campus back to my dorm when the bus stop was right there from the Austin building.
Good news though I did pretty good on the no bake cookies, thanks Lani! Woods was fun too even though I almost killed the middle peace for my clock.
I left early, the cookies were a bribe for my teacher, and went to the bus stop. I only had to wait a few minutes and everything was a go. The bus was full by the time we got to the last stop, or at least was supposed to be. I had given up my leg seats for nothing. Oh well charity and all that right?
Mom picked me up at the airport and we went to a hotel for the night. I don't know about her but I had a blast. he he :}
Saturday we went shopping for winter gear and shoes since mine are kinda falling apart. After a long process we finally found tennis shoes I liked and fit, a warm coat, gloves and a hat that's freakin sweet. Anyway oh and we went to the planetarium too. I was kinda disappointed cause I was expecting what the old planetarium did, cool star shows. It was still good though. I love how I can kinda understand 3d since I took psychology.
Then that night I played nertz with mom and Lani and I got to see megan too. It was a very good day all in all. Sunday mom let me sleep until 1 and then we ate and hung out a little before I left. Luckily no one was left behind at the gas station on the way up again.
I came back and it was snowing. Not real snow but the kind that melted right away again. Then I opened my apartment door and saw this:



Some back round really quickly. All four roommates left for the weekend and we left a key with the neighbors incase one of us forgot the key. Well at least they neighbors love two of us over here.
Anyway I left it up for the others to see and they were not as impressed as me. I felt very left out when they came home but that's okay. Allyx did not come back till the next day.
Monday nothing special happened because classes were as boring as usual and we did not have FHE. Apparently dad slacked off and our parents are getting a divorce. Though they, at least dad, has been claiming that since the second week.
Oh Crystal did make me feel loved and Sea Bass and Parkeve came over around 11. So I guess that is special.
Tuesday I got my test back from humanities. I got 45/45. Apparently the question I was worried about I was close enough to the monomyth he gave me the points, yea!
English was fun too. Though it's always fun in there.
Wednesday was tiring as usual. It's the day I have three classes and 15 minutes to scramble to the next when they are on the opposite side of campus. it starts at 11:30 and doesn't end till 5:20. It's grueling anyway. Math was boring as usual, provident living was really good, and woods... well woods needs it's own paragraph.
So we were supposed to move these huge boards for one of the teachers and Mort said be careful cause this wood is really sharp. Tree, yes his name is Tree, said jokingly "I wonder which one of us will get hurt." I jokingly replied, "Oh it'll be me." I should have knocked on wood, there was plenty around. As I was moving a board with the help of another guy it slid of the other boards and down my hand. I let the other two guys take the board and glanced down at my hand, hoping it was not cut. Luckily it wasn't. I only have a blood blister on my middle finger. Though that hurt until the end of class. Things did not get better. I was putting a cut into the side of my clock with a scary power tool. Well it got away from me and gouged the piece. Luckily Mort said it would mostly be covered up and it was in the back so no one would see it. Thank heavens. Then I was cutting the clock backing and I cut it too short. Hopefully I'll get a new one of friday. By this point I was done and cleaned up. Luckily the class was also done.
Then I came home and vegged. I have finally finished watching Dark Angel. I am highly depressed because it has been my favorite series for a while. I just never finished the second season. I'm kinda sad that fox did not pick it up for a third. Though I'm happy because the direction it was going was getting pretty weird. Even for a sci fi show.
Crystal came over and brought me treats. I think she is the first real visitor I've had since my parents. Other people will come over but always for the others so that made me feel special too.
So around 9:30 I take a shower and snuggle into bed with HP and the HBP and am trying to wind down to go to bed early. Well Allyx comes in around 11 and says some of the boys are here and so is(I will call him Han). I jump out of bed, get dressed and walk casually out and act surprised when I see four boys in my kitchen.
We talk and laugh for the next hour and I don't know what possessed me to do it but I invited them to come watch Dark Angel with me on saturday. Though it was mostly directed at Han. Why did I do it? I have no idea and I am still freaking out at the fact I did. The others are proud of me for doing it but I'm kicking myself. Go figure.
Oh we also got Boo d when we were away so last night, at like 1 in the morning Allyx and I took the muffins she made and boo d another apartment. it was actually kinda fun. You'd be surprised how many lights are on at that time. And how one roommate can go all stealthy like and the other one just laughs at the first. I thought my roll under a lighted window was cool too.
Anyway Gotta blaze.

No comments: