Friday, October 24, 2008

Friggin Amazing

"Writers aren't exactly people...they're a whole lot of people trying to be one person." - F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Funny thing about college, some weeks are as boring as snails and then others are just friggin amazing. This was one o' those friggin amazing weeks.
Monday was FHE, I won't talk about what else happened cause I can't remember ha ha. Well we all met here at my apartment, well most of us did the only boys to show up were dad, Han, and dad's roommate Andrew. Oh and Patrick. We then drove out to the dunes. I was so excited, I've been wanting to go there ever since I got here. I drove with Kya and Maria. It was so much fun. We blared music and had a dance party in the car, safely though.
When we got there we lit a fire. Though in a unprotected spot so the wind kept threatening to blow it out. When that happened we just poured more lighter fluid on it. I don't think a fire was a good idea when most of us are piros. Anyway there was this huge sand dune close and I wanted to climb to the top, so I asked if anyone wanted to come with. Han, Charice, and Tiffany( they are Kya and Maria's roommates) came with. It was amazing because the clouds that were there when we first arrived had mostly blown over to the eastern horizon so the stars were shining. There are so many.
That's actually a fun memory I have with Lani, going out to the sand dunes with her roommates and mom cause someone had an astronomy class and just looking at how many there were.
Anyway I got to talk to Charice and Tiffany which was nice because I hadn't really before. Then everyone was leaving so we had to run down the hill and to the cars.
Tuesday was good, annoying, but good. It was Pro-life Day Of Silent Solitude. I was silent the whole day, except towards the end when my roomie was saying things that I just had to remark on because I forgot I wasn't talking. Anyway it was hecka hard not to talk in my humanities class. There were so many points I want to point out, and help the other people with their questions. But I stayed silent! In english too. Oh and to anyone who is putting duct tape on their skin soon. Avoid hair. Wrist and upper arm are good places but right below the elbow is not! Oh yeah you were supposed to wear a red arm band or red duct tape to show you were involved. Some people wear the duct tape over their mouths but I would have freaked out so i put it on my arm. And for some reason on bare skin.
Anyway around 7 I got really frustrated with Allyx and walked up to the temple. Would you guess it was the coldest night yet? Anyway I walked around there for a bit, came home, took a shower(I got the duct tape off really easy except the below the elbow one that took water), and went to bed... at 8!
I woke up at 2 because Allyx was texting. You think those buttons are quiet but their not. For twenty minutes I laid there trying to go back to sleep but the click click click of the keys kept me up. So I got up and went and scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom floors. See we've failed two clean checks and our third fail we have to do a white glove check. Bekka being nice said if we got 100% she would erase one of our fails. So I got up and cleaned. I organized the mess in the living room into piles of neatness, then I organized my desk. Oh and I talked to Sea Bass most of the time on FB. Ha ha.
Then for an hour I tried to go back to sleep, it didn't work. So I got my computer and watched youtube for an hour or so. Then I finished reading Sir Gawain. Then I called mom around 9 and talked for a while catching her up on the past three days. Then I did some math, or maybe that was before calling mom... I don't remember. Then I mopped the floors again and made my bed. Then I had to run to class cause I was late. Math was boring as usual, I was really hyper for Provident Living(ask Crystal), and woods I was just plain scared to mess up my clock cause we were putting the glued frame through a sander. If you put it in at the wrong angle it would tear up the side. Luckily I didn't mess it up. Wahoo. Then it was to a meeting for SL, only 5 of us showed up... again.
Then I came home and got ready for the ward halloween social. I dressed all in black and had Allyx draw a barcode on the back of my neck so I was an X5. If you don't know what that is it's okay. So I went and it was okay, it wasn't the best but it was fun. Though somehow the apples Wes and Tayler were juggling kept attacking me. I did meet some new people so that's good. Then I came home and crashed because I woke up at 2.
Thursday was the test on Sir Gawain in humanities. It was sweet because it was another take the test and leave. I only had a problem with the questions that were on the visual prompts we had gone over earlier. I knew the big details but the small ones were the one he tested us on. So I missed like 5 points. Then I went home and chilled with my roommates and the girls next door.
I then finished the reading for english and went there. It was a fun class, as always.
Then I went home and worked on a spreadsheet for math. Sadly when I was almost done I messed it up somehow so I just gave up. Luckily I had saved it half way through so I figured that I would start again in the morning. So I was watching movie trailers, I am so mad there is no more clean flicks a movie is coming out that is the third in a trilogy but it's R grrr, when I got a text from Allie asking if I was home and could I help her neighbor with math. I said yes so Nicole came over and we did the spreadsheet together.
She went back home and I printed them off and walked it over to her apartment and got sucked into a night of fun.
First there was a dance party with strange outfits, then we went to the apartment's FHE brother's apartments to tie the doors together. Though they were awake so we couldn't do it. We did help them jump start their truck though. After running it around the parking lot trying to kick start it. It was kinda funny cause there were 6 girls and two guys pushing, well one driving, a truck around the parking lot at like 11:30 at night.
Then we "left." What we really did was go into the laundry room of another building to look out the window to see if they would go back into the apartments, and in the mean time we broke up a make out session in the laundry room. Sadly they did not go back inside so we booked it back to the dorms, barely making it before the security guards came to lock the gates.
Then I stayed up reading the Odyssey, but only the preface thingy that explains the history of dissecting the Odyssey. Which is really boring but interesting at the same time, waiting for Allyx to come home. She hadn't by 2 and I was falling asleep so I went to bed.
I woke up at 6:19 and she was dressed and moving around, so I asked her when she got in. She said 4. But I don't know if that was true or if she had just gotten in. But I really don't care as long as it doesn't happen again.
Well gotta blaze!

2 comments:

Balgram said...

That week sounds 10x more eventful than mine. I just drew.

Well, and other stuff.

Hey, I don't get the truck story. What's up with the leaving but not leaving? Any reason why you did that?

Keep having fun yo!

Kanani said...

It was so they thought we had left so they wouldn't suspect us if we had tied their doors together.