Monday, October 27, 2008

Maybe...

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug." ~ Mark Twain
So Friday I didn't have my woods class so I went home, took the math stupid math test, and went into my room and did english homework. A while later Allyx came into my room and said I had a guest. Ooo a guest. So I went out there and it was Nicole wondering if I had turned in an assignment that we had worked on together the night before, but hadn't quite known how to do. I said no and she said she would turn, did you know tern is a word, it for me. She left and I went back into my room.
A bit later I hear a knock on my door and Kendra walks in! She just wanted to know if I wanted to go to Sit Down For Stand Up with her. I gladly accepted and when she left I realized I had invited the boys over to watch a movie that was playing in the lounge later. I asked Allyx to text/call them and tell them it was off cause she was going out with Ben or Allen or Parker one off the boys she's going out with. She said she would so I lazed around for the next 2 hours and texted Allyx to see if she had told Sea Bass yet. She said no and why didn't I do it. I explained that I didn't have their phone numbers. So she gave me someone's...right after Han arrived.
I awkwardly explained that I had somewhere to go in an hour but if he just wanted to chill for an hour that would be cool. He chose that option so we sat for a while in the apartment. Then Danielle, Kristen, and Patrick left so we had to go outside to talk as the lounge was in use for the movie. Wouldn't you guess it was one of the colder nights that night? Anyway we talked for a bit more and Sea Bass came over from his ultimate frisbee game so we were able to go back into the apartment. Then Kendra came over, the boys left, and we went to SDFSU. Basically it was students doing stand up comedy. Some of them were hilarious and others... well not so much. Then we went to a bond fire. It was my first and it wasn't that great but the fire was huge, I'm not going to lie.
Then we came home, well I came home she went to her FHE brother's house to get help on her homework. It was like 10 something. So I read some more of the Forward in the Odyssey. And then went to bed sometime.
Saturday was really unproductive I stayed in bed and in my pajamas for most of it. I did read more of the forward in the Odyssey. Then I got a call from an Idaho number. I didn't recognize it and neither did Allyx so I didn't answer it. Then it called back ten minutes later. I figured they must be lookin for me so I answered it.
"Hello?"
"Hi, Angela?" ha! they are looking for me....maybe it's the clerk for my ward....
"Yeah?"
"This is Han."wasn't expecting that one...
"Oh, hey!" how did he get my number? My cell phone number?????
"I was just wondering if we were going to watch Dark Angel tonight."
"Oh yeah um..." looks at clock, it is 5pm, "Wanna come over at 7?"
"Yeah sure"
"Sweet. bye"
"Bye"
That was the gist of it anyway.
And yes I was in my pajamas til 530 at night. Anyway I jump in the shower, take one, then got dressed.
I finished watching Lady and the Tramp with my roomies and Patrick. Well I watched it, Kristen and Patrick were asleep on the floor and Danielle was out on the couch. Allyx was who knows where.
Then it finished and they did whatever. I popped in Hunchback cause I had started watching it a week or so before and never finished it. So about the part that Phoebes refuses to set the windmill on fire Han came over. We finished watching it and then popped Dark Angel in. And wouldn't you know Danielle decided to leave. So we grabbed the DVD and took it down to the lounge, but we couldn't find the DVD player so we sat and talked for two hours. It was really nice to just talk. He has the coolest back round too. His house is right on a lake and forest surrounds his house. He gets to go into the forest everyday!! He even had two pet ravens before the annoyed his neighbor. Ah the life of a country boy. *sniff sniff* my dream life.
Ah well I like my life too. Then he went to do homework and I went to do homework, though my computer sucked me in, again.
After a while Allyx came home with Sea Bass, Parker, and Ben in tow. I really can't remember what we didd but I know they made fun of Han for leaving early for homework. Anyway.
Sunday was good. The lessons were amazing and so were the testimonies. God has a way of reminding you he's there. When I got home I felt bummed because in sacrament I had sat alone, my roommates were super late, and Han kinda sat by me after he passed the Sacrament but he sat a seat away. In sunday school I sat alone, don't ask where my roommates went, I have no idea they showed up for relief society though. Then I walked home alone.
So instead of sitting at home sulking I took our lesson to heart and lost myself in service. I made Crystal cookies. It was so hard not to eat some of the mix cause I was fasting.
I went visiting teaching then took the cookies to Crystal. We talked for a while and it was really nice. I like having family up here. And yes, she counts as family to me.
Then I came home and the boys came over for dinner. We had tacos and they helped make it again. Then after Allyx was like "We should make cookies." And Danielle was like "Angela! You should make those cookies again!" they like Lani's recipe for double chocolate chip cookies, so I was like "Got any chocolate chips?" Allyx had some so I made them. Borrowing a cup of brown sugar from Allie. Han barred the way into the kitchen so no one would steal the batter like Allyx had done already.
After they were made I took some to Allie and her apartment as a thank you, then some to my new friends. Allyx started to object but I told her I made them, with mostly my ingredients, and if she really wanted me to I would buy her a new bag of choco chips. Not like she could really complain though. That recipe makes over 3 dozen cookies and I only took 16 cookies. Anyway when I took them down there the girls were really happy. Eileen even gave me a hug. I like their apartment.
When I came back Allyx was in a bind. She was going to go out with Allen but she didn't want the boys to know. So she was wondering how she could slip away with out them noticing. I noticed it was almost 9 so I kicked the boys out on the premiss that we had to go to dorm prayer. And of course I was the only one to go.
On the way back I tried to help my new friends break into their apartment because their FHE brothers had locked them out so they could clean the apartment. The problem? None had shoes/slippers except for kendra and most weren't wearing hoodies or sweaters. For thirty minutes they stood outside! I ran home and got blankets and slippers to help. When we were finally let back in Nicole and I did some math homework together. Then we went over to another FHE brother's house. And we almost stole MC's truck. See he leaves it unlocked and the keys in the truck. So we just got in and locked the doors. Kendra called him and told him a birdy told her that his truck was leaving. Not joking 5 seconds later he was out there fully dressed. It was amazing. Afterwards we had a pretty good laugh.
Then we walked back to our apartments. In the course of talking i learned that Annie is going home for winter semester and the rest of them are still going to be roommates. They were looking for another roommate they knew so they wouldn't get someone crazy. Then they asked if I was staying for winter. They suggested maybe I should room with them. So maybe, just maybe, I found my roommates for next semester.
Monday was uneventful. FHE was kinda boring though I did make it to book four in the Odyssey. To bad I only have two paragraphs for a four page paper due in english.

3 comments:

Balgram said...

holy crud your life is ten times more eventful than mine.

Lalani said...

Sounds like so much fun! I am glad people like your cookies. It can be your recipe if you make it. You don't always have to say it's mine :)

If you do want to room with those girls, make you sure tell the dorm mom soon so that you can live there. :)

Love you!

lonestarhoneybee said...

The Mark Twain quote is a good one.
Sounds like life is active and that baking is becoming a favorite hobby.