Thursday, June 04, 2009

Ode de Pillow

"Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." – George Bernard Shaw

I have had a certain pillow officially since I was 4. Before that I would steal it off of my mother's bed until she was sick of that and gave it to me. I have slept with this pillow every night except when I am traveling(sometimes I bring it sometimes not) or camping.
It was my great grandmothers so not only has it seen most of my life it has seen greater. The two of us, the pillow and I, have been through a lot. It received multiple rips when I was younger because I hated how hot it got when it had a pillow case, so it usually went without one. These rips were repaired with tape until I finally took it to my mother and she sowed them shut. Now I keep two pillow cases on it because it still leaks feathers.
Well yesterday I went to the doctor and learned I have a small allergy to feathers. Hopefully this will clear up as I go through tests and treatments for other things. But that means for now my faithful friend of a pillow will no longer be there at night when I lay down to read and to sleep. Goodbye for a while friend.


And you thought this was going to be a birthday post didn't you? That comes tomorrow ;}

No comments: