Sunday, June 14, 2009

Helloooo Amanda

"If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up some place else." - Yogi Berra
Yesterday, Saturday the 13th, was a 9 stake single adult party at 5pm. The day started of really nice but around 2 pm it turned into a tropical storm. You may think I'm over stating things but the wind got pretty fast so the rain sounded like rocks hitting the windows. It lasted for about an hour and then totally cleared up. I mean you couldn't tell anything had happened expect from the smaller branches from trees everywhere. It was totally crazy!
Well around 5 I picked up Mal and we went to Lion's park for the party. It was alright, I mean I got to see some people I haven't seen in a year and talk to some old friends but the actual event was kinda lame. That is until me and Mal got an ultimate frisbee game going, then it just rocked. I made some pretty awesome catches too. On one i had my cell phone in hand trying to take a picture of the double rainbow, two in two days how cool is that, that appeared after a light sprinkling. Someone threw me the frisbee, I caught it and then threw it to a teammate in the end zone who also caught it one handed. Sweet huh? There was another one where I dived for it but just missed it, the roll I did was pretty sweet though. And then there was Mal's catches. On the first she dove sideways, skidded on her side getting grass burn, rolled and still caught it. That was pretty much amazing. And on the second one Brian caught the frisbee after it bounce off of the fence, threw it to Mal but first it bounced off a branch but she still caught it.
Oh and through the game I kept hearing "Amanda I'm open!" or "Here Amanda!" I didn't realize they were talking to me until an acquaintance from high school said that she had almost gone along with everyone and called me Amanda.... Um what? How did people get the idea my name was Amanda? Oh well its all good. I just told my team after that to call me any name and I most likely would respond. After all for two months of powderpuff practice I was called Sam. For a Month I was called Amber in the main office, and for 4 months after that I was called Amberla.
On the drive home Mal and I decided that I should just introduce myself as Amanda to the rest of the ward and see how long I could keep it up. Probably for a long time if I got the people I know in on it.
Well gotta blaze!

1 comment:

Balgram said...

But your name is Angel.