Friday, August 01, 2008

Three days ooo

Wednesday

Yesterday we went to Ramallah. We left the hotel and drove to the Consolut in West Jerusalm and met Alli. Then it was into the armored van with everyone and Slick. I think it's really fun having all the security but I don't think anyone else feels the same. Okay so maybe fun isn't the right word, maybe safer or important would be better. Whatever. The drive out there was really nice. The countryside is not what I pictured but most of what I've seen hasn't either so there was no big suprise there. When we arrived at Ramallah we went to the RI-Sol office. That was fun becuase we got to see where Nadia and a few other people we've met work. Oh and I guess it was kinda fun to play communication games with the students there. But in truth it really was fun. We got potateos for one of the games and sadly I lost mine somewhere. *sniff, sniff* I liked my potateo.
We also watched a movie about water in the villages in Palestine. That was really sad. It made me want to go home, get rich, and donate all my money to build wells, and sewage systems.
Then it was back to Jerusalm for about an hour or two of freetime. Kathlene and Yasmine went shopping, no suprise, Josh went with them for lack of something better to do while Adam, Miss B. and I went to the Tower of Kind David Museum of the History of Jerusalem. That was fun to walk around the citidale and see a lot of history.
Then it was off to AlNaysak for the last time. We learned about circits and using a sodder! I've been wanting to use one of those since I was in my welding class last year. It's been interesting to see how my interests are showing up everywhere around here. Then we had a BBQ with AlNayzak as a final goodbye and it was sooooo good!
We walked home after that and I had some really good talks. One with Miss B. about wether to call her Miss B. or Audrey since she's no longer my teacher. Then one with Adam. He's not that bad once you think of him as a little brother.
When we arrived at the hotel I came upstairs and tried my best to stay up. I took a shower, watched tv, did some soduku waiting for the computer so I could blog. But it didn't work so well. Around 10:10 I was out and out until 1:00 am when I woke up burning up. So I opened the window and went back to sleep and woke up several times after that. I don't know what's going on because this is the second night in a row I've done that. But that's probably more than you wanted to know. Well since I'm supposed to be at breakfast right now and I haven't gotten out of my PJs yet I'll write later.


Thursday and Today
Alright so yesterday, the day I couldn't sleep, started off really bad. I was really tired and my roommate did little things that really irritated me for some reason. Like leaving the door to the room open when I was changing. It's not like anyone would walk by our door since it's the last one in the hall but still. Then for some reason going back to Al Ma'amal didn't help either and art usually does. Oh yeah art. My painting kinda turned out cool, I think it still really needs work but I can't really do anything about it now. We also did another project. I don't remember what it is called but it's based off of traditional Arabic art work. That was kinda fun. Then while everyone else went off into the old city I went back to the hotel and just relaxed for an hour before arabic class. That was as fun as always. But I did get to meet me and Kathlene's host family. They are really nice. Then it was back to arabic. After that I went back to the hotel for some more alone time and just to relax. Then it was off to the dance concert. I really wish I could remember the name, it's like Dabkha or something like that. It was freakin amazing! Also I got to talk to Daveena, sorry if I spelled that wrong, and Ben. They were so much fun to talk to. But yeah the concert was amazing, I really don't think I could do somehting like that ever. Then we came back to the hotel and I had a really fun talk with Miss B. about the future. It was not only fun but it was nice to have a real deep conversation with someone for the first time in what two weeks? Yeah we talk and stuff here but it's not like in depth talk about personal experiences talk. It was really nice.
Then today we went to Jericho. We met two students from Genin, Rowan and Achmed. They were really fun to meet and get to know. We visited a palace and a church in a mountain. That was cool because we actually got to go inside and the monk that lives there, alone no contact with hardly anyone, hardly lets anyone in. So that was really cool to go inside. Then we went to the Dead Sea. That was tons of fun. Everyone tells you can float and stuff but I didn't expect to actually float no effort. It was amazing. Only it was disgusting to lick your lips after they had been in the water since it was so salty. I definatley don't recomend that. But I do say go to the dead sea.
Well Bye!

No comments: