Monday, August 04, 2008

Whatever today is.

This morning was even better than last night. The awkwardness of being in a host family is quickly desolving. Though there is still some. They are so nice, you can't but help to like them.
After breakfast with the host families everyone met at the hotel. Yasmine was happy to report she is no longer the only guest there. There is a family of parents and their older daughter. So now Yasmine is not afraid of the ghosts there. Though I suppose it's our fault for teasing her about it that it made it so concrete. ha ha.
We had wonderful news too! We were able to go on the Islaamic (does anyone still have any doubts that I can't spell?) tour. The boys needed nice shirts and pants so we went a looking. That is until Nadia said that the students from Genin and Nabalis were at the African society. Then we had to book it over there. We meet one boy(Gameel) and three girls(Lemees, Dema, and Zayna). Then we had another Dabkha lesson. Gameel and Zayna had taken lessons before so they were a lot better than the rest of us, but we did a lot better than yesterday. Towards the end we split off into three groups of three so we could learn a series of steps. My group was Josh, Adam, and me. I don't know where the boys and our teacher went but by the end it was only by trying to get down this one move that is really hard for me. So Yasur, a wonderful guy that had taken us around the Old City and the whole reason why we were at the African Society, showed me some steps that were Dabkha but modern. It was pretty cool, but by the end I was really, really sweaty.
Then it was off to the Islaamic tour. That was interesting to learn the culture and the history of the Masqe. I'll post pictures of what we looked like later. Okay other people will because my camera is gabrokey.
Then we went to lunch with the Palestinian students and then we had to run to arabic class, just like always. I think I'm starting to get better at picking up words and things but I'm not sure. Well that was my day!

1 comment:

lonestarhoneybee said...

Wow! Do you realize how close to Greece you were? The closest you've come so far!!

What an awesome day!