Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My favorite day so far

Today was an early day. We woke up at 6:30 and were at the hotel by 7:00 am. When we got there we learned that it would be a while before Nadia would arrive because she was delayed at a checkpoint. Argh! I could have slept in! Oh well. When Nadia arrived she had already picked up everyone else in the taxi van so we headed straight to Nazereth. It was a two hour ride with an amazing view. I was proven wrong once again because I though atleast some of the landscape would be sand but it was rocky. And as we went north there were lots of farms and green trees. It was a nice surprise. In Nazereth we toured around and met the Mayor. That was cool because he gave us a history of the city and about Nazereth Elite, the "Jewish" Nazereth. It was really cool. We also toured some churches that are supposedly built on the well that the angel visited Mary at. I like the second chruch that had mostly mosaics from all over the world. It was nice.
Then to my favorite part we went to the Medateranian Sea! It was a half hour drive from Nazereth to Hyfa but that was okay because we were going to the Medateranian!!!!!!!! Can you tell that was the highlight of my day? Anyway, we got there and played and played and played. I didn't have a swimsuite with me and niether did Kathlene so we looked for cool rocks. There were tons of them and it was hard to resist not picking them all up and taking them with us. Then Yasmine and Nadia came and played with us. A lot of picture taking was done, that was tons of fun. I felt like a photographer taking the pictures and directing Yasmine into positions so that her bump of a belly would show along with the Medateranian. Maybe I'll look into being a photographer again.
The boys and Audrey went swiming, well more like wading in because it was a red day and you arn't supposed to swim when it's a red day. Nadia, Yasmine, Kathlene and I had fun walking in the shallow waves, though we did get wet when a big wave came, though only our pants, or when Nadia splashed us.
It was so amazing!! It was so beautiful and I don't know how many hours we spent there but it was so amazing! And we kinda got to see the sunset as we drove back too. Though that drive was very long because 1) Adam was being himself and 2) we were all very tired, very, very tired.

No comments: