Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Another day

This is the day after the last post, so Tuesday I think.

Okay so today I thought would be boring because it was supposed to be the same as yesterday, go to a museum and then arabic training, but it was awsome. We went to the museum named Al Ma'mal and we got to paint! I think on almost every application of a get to know you I said I loved art. Well someone must have been paying attention because we totally did art. It wasn't a boring project either like you have to paint like this or you have to be realistic. It had basic rules but after that you could just have fun. The project was done in steps. The first was to pick some kind of cactus and draw/sketch it with a marker, leaving a positive space, and coloring in the backround with a different color using lines to make an interesting pattern. I really liked my sketch because although it didn't come out like I thought it would it still looks awsome. Well there was a second step to that sketch. We were to pick two color pencil colors and color in some white space or use charcol to add shading. I used color pencil, they call them colored crayons how weird is that? To color in some of my white space. I really hope I can bring it home to the states to show people.
Then we got a huge piece of paper and used the same idea as the sketch only using one of my favorite mediums, acrylic! Paint that is if you don't know art ha ha. That painting isn't going as well as I would like it to but it's still a work in progress. We go back on Thrusday so we'll see how it goes.
We then had about an hour break before Arabic class so I came back to the Hotel and relaxed for a bit. Then we headed to class. Well Me, Miss B., Josh and Adam went. Yasmine was at a staff meeting for RI-Sol and Nadia and Kathlene were shopping in the Old City.
We waited for about five minutes and then we started class. This class was really good because we are really learning things we can use on the street. We even went out for half an hour and had to ask questions to store owners in Arabic of course. That was fun and now I know how to ask how much, what's this and can I look around? It's really nice.
Then we had free time again so we sat around on the couches in the lobby like area of our floor and had a de-brieffing on the past couple of days. Wahoo. It was fun though cause we had a lot of laughs.
Well gotta blaze!

No comments: