Tuesday, November 04, 2008

"As to the adjective, when in doubt, strike it out." - Mark Twain
So Friday was Halloween. I was very excited about this because it is my favorite holiday. My new friends and I were to be the rainbow. I go over there on Thursday night to see if they know how to dye flour and was told the plan was off. All of them had dates and were not dressing up. I was very put out because I had not planned any other costume. So when Friday came I did what my mother suggested. I dressed in a gray shirt with my gray vest, cut out raindrops and taped them to my shirt and vest. I was then a rain cloud. I also put on my wing earrings because wings are a symbol of movement. I put way to much thinking into these kind of things. Math that day was boring as usual, with the usual funny stories. Woods was also excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed finishing my backpiece for my clock. I also learned that using a wood lathe is tons better and more fun than a metal one. I now wish I had done a broken pediment top. Though sadly I think it's to late to change from the rounded top.
Friday night I didn't do anything. Well I watched a bunch of movies. Once again I watched The Village and was reminded of the cute love story it is.
Saturday I slept in and read some of the Odyssey. Then I got ready to go to the Saturday night session of stake conference. I went with Allie and Jocelyn because of course no one from my apartment goes to that kind of thing. Afterwards we walked home with Annie and Aileen. I was glad because most of the time I made Jocelyn laugh, something she and I both need to do more.
When I got home I sat in front of my computer and dinked around until Annie and Aileen walked passed in work out clothes. I asked where they were going and they said they were going to play basketball and invited me along. It was tons of fun and I'm glad I'm getting into a wonderful group.
Sunday was really good, stake conference was amazing and it started to rain! Also Jocelyn came over to get a stamp but I sucked her into eating some of the hamburgers I was making, then han, sea bass, and andrew came over to eat too. Jocelyn was highly entertained by them until she had to leave. The boys left an hour or so later.
Today was good. My first class was cancelled so I went shopping for food, since I didn't have any. On the way there i got a ride from a friend from high school I haven't seen all semester. It was great.
Then I walked into the grocery store and to the soap aisle, find soap and put it in my bag. Then realized that people would think I was shop lifting by putting things in my ginormous bag, so I put the soap back, got a cart and went back to the soap. I felt really stupid. Then on the way home a wonderful sophomore gave me a ride home. I like how nice people are here.
Then I saw Aileen and she helped me carry my food into my apartment, then invited me to basketball later.
I then went to provident living, came home and crashed. I did do some homework though. I was on fb and Aileen invited me over for about an hour before I had to go to FHE.
FHE wasn't the best again but I've come to expect that. After fhe I started to walk over to her fhe brother's house. I got a call from her that said they were going to the Hart building and to grab my id card. So I ran home, grabbed it, and ran to the hart. Only to get another phone call that said basketball was out and to meet at MCs house. I was so mad, I was halfway there the first time! I wasn't really mad just annoyed. But we did play soccer out in the rain so that was amazing.
Then I came home to ugness. I should go to bed now but I don't know if I will. I don't want to die in my sleep.
Well gotta get back to Odysseus, laterz!

No comments: