Friday, November 07, 2008

Wow

"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it." - Jesse Stuart
So Tuesday I wake up at 10:30 so I still managed to get atleast 6 hours of sleep. I went to my humanities class and my teacher not only found a new way to quiz us but to embarrass those who are far behind in the Odyssey into catching up. What did he do? He asked what book we are on. I was right on schedule, book 12, but I was surprised that some people were on book 1 or hadn't even gotten the book yet. Then we had a good discussion on books 6-8.
Then it was back home and then to devotional. I sat next to Charice my FHE sister. We had a grand old time talking. See before devotional they play shots from around campus and sometimes the temple in IF, but they play the same thing every week. So we talked about how it felt like de javu. It was funnier than it sounds. After that it was off to english, which was a blast, as always.
Then it was off to home to watch the election on my computer. First I must give history. I applied for an absentee ballot so I could vote for the very first time. Well Monday had rolled around and I hadn't gotten it yet and the ballot needed to be postmarked by Monday so I called home and my wonderful mother got the county to send me an e-mail vote. So I voted, and wouldn't you guess the actual ballot came on Tuesday? But I wasn't the only one there is a girl in my math class that the same happened. So it was the state's fault.
Anyway I sat there watching the election on BBC, the british are fun to listen too. Then at 930 I went to water polo practice. I was told kayaking had the pool til ten. So I waited, thinking the others would show up. Ben did but he left once he found out that Allyx wasn't there. So at ten I got in the pool and swam around for 20 minutes, all alone. Well there were other people there but you get the idea.
So I walked home in the snow And took a shower. I got ready for bed and was sitting in the living room when I heard shouts from the courtyard. I looked out and it was Maria, charice and a boy playing in the snow. The snow had been awful snow but now it was perfect packing snow so I jumped up and put on snow playing gear and went and played with them. Around 12:30, the boy left at 11:28 don't worry, we went inside to hear first kiss stories from two people. I'm not allowed to say who cause it's still on the dl. But that was fun and lasted til 2.
Then I came home and dinked around on the computer til 4....30 oops.
Wednesday I woke up early enough to make myself a sandwich for the day. I went to math and laughed at Kevin because he is seriously anti obama. Now this isn't kevin from my FHE group because he's very pro obama.
But my view is that now Obama is the president we should support him, like it used to be way back in the beginning of the US. You think that people would realize we were governed way better back then. And don't pull it was way smaller then thing cause when we are of one heart and one mind we are better as a people so ha.
Provident living was good, we learned about driving safely on icy roads. We had snow plow people come and talk to us. And they brought their truck so we got to sit in it. Those things are huge!!
Woods was good because I got a lot done. I finished sanding the top and bottom so it won't rock anymore, I finished sanding the back so the back piece wasn't sticking out and I made the top and bottom pieces for my trim top and carved bottom. I'm so excited!!
The PL meeting was okay. I think its not really helping but whatever.
I got home, dropped off my stuff and went to the water polo game.... We will not speak of it. I will only say we lost 30-0 to the best team on campus. And if our regular goalie had shown up we might have not lost by so much.
Thursday I woke up with the feeling that someone had poured acid down my throat. So I suck on recolas and drank lots of Orange juice. The counseling center was putting on an eating disorder thing so Bekka said that if everyone in your apartment went you wouldn't have to do clean checks. And I'm happy to say that everyone in mine went. The one I went to was really interesting.
Then I went to class. It was really good, though I did find out that this guy I thought was 18 is actually a return missionary. That was a shocker.
English was good. As always.
I went to hang out with Natalie too. It was fun we made cookies and somehow I super glued my fingers together. Bad idea don't ever do it!!!!
Then I came home and went to bed. All in all a good week. Oh and I got this from my friend. I'm really glad I'm loved and she's on my side even though I know she was kidding... mostly.
Dear Angel's roommates,
I know where Angel lives. Thus, I know where YOU live.
Guess what? My car is full of cheap, sweet gas. All my homework for the next week is done.
I'm-a comin'.

There was more about not being jerks and using compromise but this is the part I found most hilarious. Thank you so much Rissy!

No comments: