Friday, March 18, 2011

Whine post

Is it sad that I’m ready to be done? After last night I’m really ready to throw my hands up and walk away, just drop everything and go. I mean I want to leave, but I don’t.
I know I don’t have it as hard as others do, but to me it’s a lot. And some of the things may be stupid to others but they’re big to me. Take last night as an example.
St. Patrick’s day. It’s my one of my favorite holidays, possibly the only reason is that everything is green. I have been excited since February for yesterday, especially since my RS was going to throw a party for it and the birthday of RS. My 2nd councilor was awesome in getting things done for it, she reserved the room, bought the food and eating stuff, and helped me set up. Not to mention she had to put up with my sporadicness, and all the stress of school getting closer to finals. Yesterday I was so excited as I decked out in my green outfit, bought the desserts, and some other things (I lost slight enthusiasm when I felt like an idiot waiting till the day of to buy decorations but I got over it quickly). The ham was delicious as Gryf made a wonderful honey mustard glaze for it.
We got to the room early so we could set up the Pres. Of RS B was there to help out. Did I mention all three RS had gotten in on it by this point? I was stoked, we had all the food and things there and ready to go. All that we needed was the girls so we waited….and waited…and waited. At 7:45 some girls had shown up so we started. By 8 a few more had trickled in but no where near the number I was hoping. I was expecting at least 50 out of the 150 girls in our ward, less than 30 showed. Only 6, not including myself, were from my RS. Down came all feelings of excitedness of St. Patrick’s day. All that ran through my head the whole entire night is the quote from Remember the Titans “Attitude reflects leadership” and your girls have a horrible one. Now I’m not saying that this one night made me think of this, it’s been little things all through the semester that have happened, my apartment for one. But that quote still echoes in my head. Yes, the girls that were there had some fun, and I was able to help Pres. B with some of her boy troubles but still only 30?

Can I just go home now?

1 comment:

K La said...

Oh, mei mei. I'm so sorry. Every time I throw a party I have the worst anxiety that no one will come. It has happened. It's my nightmare.

Still, 30 people is not bad! That's great! but 30 out of 150, not so great. Still, I hope you had fun at your party! I hope you still had a good St Paddy's day! I thought of you when I ate breakfast!

Getting the girls to show up to an activity/party/service project is the bane of every president in every capacity. Just FYI. You are not alone!