Thursday, August 13, 2009

A day

"Some people will believe anything if you whisper it to them."
~ Louis Nizer

So several times I have sat down and tried to write a post about the Saboteur, but I just can't do it, even though my quote went so well with it. So just click on K lah's link and you can read about it there.

Yesterday I got to spend the day with my wonderful Niece and Sister, of course it was only one of many. As always it was a day full of fun and cuteness. Megan found out that I would let her use me as a slide so we did that for a while. And then she played with my hair. After lunch my sister gave Megan a brush so she could brush my hair. While brushing Megan said "Beautiful hair like Mulan!" she is so cute and adorable!!
I also love spending time with my sister, I learn so much talking to her.
Around 9:30 me and my mom went out to Deer Creek to watch the meteor shower. While driving up there was a lightning storm that would light up the next curve in the canyon. I really wish I would have had a camera with me. Anyway when we got up there we waited for a while and only saw a few, but one I did see was huge! We drove down the canyon again before midnight, mom's night vision isn't so good, but I'm still glad I got to go.

Oh and Da isn't going through chemo just yet, he was supposed to start on Tuesday of this week, somebody called and said that it just might be the low grade cancer that they found in the slides. Don't ask me for details, I only hear tidbits ha ha. Anyway it looks like West Yellowstone here we come!

Gotta blaze!

2 comments:

kwistin said...

thoughts::

1) i like the quote. i'm glad you have quotes on your blog; i love quotes.

2) i love 'family days'. there's something really cool about spending time with family. your niece sounds adorable. there's nothing like being loved by a little child.

3a) glad you got to see the meteor shower. i'm pretty upset i missed it. i was looking forward to it since last year. then i missed it. please let me know if there are more coming up....

3b) way cool you watched it with your mom.

4) chemo? i'm so sorry to hear that. glad to hear it might be lower grade cancer though. yay for modern technology.

5) west yellowstone? can i fit in your bag? i'll bring my camera....

Kanani said...

1) I'm glad you like the quotes. I like them too

2) It's true

3)October 21, 22 - Orionids Meteor Shower. The Orionids is an average shower producing about 20 meteors per hour at their peak. This shower usually peaks on the 21st, but it is highly irregular. A good show could be experienced on any morning from October 20 – 24, and some meteors may be seen any time from October 17 - 25. This year, a waxing crescent moon will set early, providing an excellent viewing opportunity. Best viewing will be to the east after midnight.

November 17, 18 - Leonids Meteor Shower. The Leonids is one of the better meteor showers to observe, producing an average of 40 meteors per hour at their peak. The shower itself has a cyclic peak year every 33 years where hundreds of meteors can be seen each hour. The last of these occurred in 2001. The shower peaks this year on November 17 & 18, but you can usually see some meteors from November 13 - 20. The moon will be totally out of the way this year, providing an exceptional viewing experience for the Leonids. Look for the shower radiating from the constellation Leo after midnight.

December 13, 14 - Geminids Meteor Shower. Considered by many to be the best meteor shower in the heavens, the Geminids are known for producing up to 60 multicolored meteors per hour at their peak. The peak of the shower is on December 13 & 14, although some meteors should be visible from December 6 - 19. This year, a nearly new moon will provide an excellent viewing experience in the early morning hours. The radiant point for this shower will be in the constellation Gemini. Best viewing is usually to the east after midnight.

5) If you can stand my family and dropping me off at college. Though it is Sep 5-8th.