Friday, July 03, 2009

The Burg

"If I was more complacent and I let things slide, my life would be easier, but you all wouldn't be as entertained. My misery is your pleasure." - Kanye West

So Friday I hopped on a bus up to the Burg to surprise my old roommates and a few friends. I got there and boy did I get the reaction I wanted! Ely was in her room so I sorta just sauntered back there after saying hi to Shmegan, she having planned the event with me. Ely was studying so I bent down so I could see in between the bars on her bunk bed and said hullo.
She looked up, did a double take, jumped up, asked if I was real, asked if I was really there and then hugged me for a good two minutes and laughed the whole time doing it.
She then had to go to class so Shmegan and I went to see Jo. She had a great reaction too. Kim came by later and she had a great reaction too.
Mostly I walked around the gardens and took snap shots since everyone had class, homework, and tests. I did get to go to a really cool dance concert though. And Saturday night. Liz, Shmegan, Jo, Calli, and I went and played Wallyball and it was great!
Sunday Shmegan, LIz, Jo, Ely, and Jo's roommate all went to church together. It was way fun. Then Ely, Jo, and Jo's roommate walked me to the bus stop. I tripped on the way there and some how got twin cuts on my ankles. At the bus stop I said goodbye when I thought my bus had come and went to get on. SURPRISE! This is the drop off bus. You have to wait for your pick up bus.
Okay that's not bad......... 1 hour later the bus still hasn't come. SURPRISE! We lost the bus you were supposed to get on. Another is on it's way.
So the bus eventually gets there and I finally get home. It was a great weekend besides some roommate drama. But what can you do?


The new area that they have almost have finished in the gardens

The statue is either Hera or Athena... I can never decide... Oh and the building way in the backround is the Hinckley Building

A back shot of my favorite place of the gardens, The Greek/Roman section!

Me and Ely. We spent most of the time she was free together

No comments: