Sunday, May 03, 2009

Texas Sunburn

"Let us hope that we are all preceded in this world by a love story."
- Don Snyder
This past week I have started to work out in the garden clearing out the weeds, mostly grass, to make way for the current and future plants. While working an hour each day I've acquired something I call the Texas sunburn.
On the first official day when I was visiting Nannie and Poopah for the summer in Texas we went to the beach, the three of us plus my two cousins. It was a Sunday so I stayed out of the water chasing sand crabs, collecting sea shells, and building things out of the sand while my cousins enjoyed the water. I apparently wasn't wearing a long enough shirt, because later that week when I slid off of the couch to sit on the floor part of my back hurt. When I went to go look in the mirror why I saw that on the small of my back I had a strip of sunburned skin where my shirt hadn't met my shorts.
So the same thing happened this week and that's why it's called a Texas Sunburn.

No comments: