Thursday, May 07, 2009

Jobs and a heart attack

“I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn’t, I would die.” -Isaac Asimov

Monday I got a call back for one of the jobs I applied too, I'm not going to say which one just incase that'll be a jinx. I was so wired from being nervous and excited, this being my first actual interview for a job, I stayed up till 5 in the morning.
I watched a few shows online that I had missed during the week, read, and had the living daylights scared out of me by my mother.
See I was sitting towards the edge of the bed I'm sleeping in till my room is finished. I had been staring at my computer screen for two hours so I could not see anything in the dark, I had my headphones in so I couldn't hear anything. I suddenly felt something push on the edge of the bed not far from me, I ignored it until I saw a shadow move against the light from the bathroom a few seconds later. Several things ran through my head: It's a murderer! Monster engineered by ZFT! A doll coming to kill me!
See when you watch shows like Harper's Island(a one season show about people getting killed on an island. There's more to the backround but that sums it up), Fringe (a show about science that's out there), and DollHouse ( a show where people become whoever the scientists want them to by implanting personalities) and the other murder mysteries I watch you can see why I thought this. Though I do believe my yelled reaction was "WHAT THE FRACK?" and I jumped about three feet in the air scaring both my poor mother who was just asking why I was up and my poor father sleeping a room over. This is a lesson: When you're daughter is on the computer at 4:30 in the morning just turn on the light and scare her that way please? Love ya mom!

Today I had the job interview. I sat in a cramped waiting area for thirty minutes with other applicants as they came and went. You could tell the high schoolers from the graduates because the high schoolers wore their everyday clothes and the graduates made an attempt to look nice.
I think my interview went well. I think that knowing ASL was a perk that caught his attention and the fact they need office people and oh hey I worked at an office for a school year! Hopefully I will get a call at the end of next week saying I'm hired. The one bad thing is the day I need off, the only day I need off the whole summer, is when this place might be opening. Talk about your bad timing right?

No comments: