Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What was so special about our victim that someone wanted to erase his identity? Don't say spy.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Just as a head's up, I'm working on setting up a mission blog that is apart from this one. I'll explain more when I launch it but know that it is, in fact, in the works.

Sometimes I have really bad luck. Sometimes it's a couple of days, or months, sometimes it's only with certain things. Take, for instance, cameras. I have had 3 in the last 8 months. 4 in the last 4 years. I know, right? It's like I purposely take them, chuck them at the ground, and then look for another one. Well let me explain to you how they have taken that last plunge.

My first camera served me well. It was silver. I got it for Christmas my junior year of high school, I'm pretty sure my friends hated this gift as I took pictures of everything. It even served me well when I took my trip to Jerusalem, that is until someone stepped on it. Now, it's my own fault. I shouldn't have left my bag where my camera was on the floor when we were learning Dahbka. But I thought it would be safe and out of harms way. Little did I realize how big the circle was going to get. Luckily it was on the last few days that the camera broke. When I got back to the states I went to get it fixed. I was then told that to replace the inner screen that had cracked would be more expensive than just buying a new camera.
This is how I got my second camera. I also got it for Christmas. My nice blue camera served me for almost three good years. It saw a lot of fun and a lot of my college life. Then as I was packing my room to move home from college I was the one to step on it and break the inner screen. "Aw crap," was my thought.
This was how I got my third camera. My nice pink one. It lasted for 5 months. It wasn't stepped on this time however, I dropped it. It wasn't a hard drop either. I was up at Bridal Veil falls with Georgia Boy, Kwistin, Mal, and their boy/date. The trip had been going great, lots of pictures, laughing, lots of running around barefoot. You know, the usual. I had placed my camera in the front pocket of my hoodie thinking it would be safe there. After all I had just climbed through the pool at the bottom of the falls several times and not dropped it. I did a small happy dance, or some sort of dance, and what happened? The frackin thing fell out of my pocket. This time however the inner screen didn't crack, yay! Bad news is the focusing part of the lens had gone crazy. It wouldn't focus and the camera would shut off after a few minutes of scary sounds. Mum and I took it to a camera place in October, I was desperately hoping that it would be cheap to fix, and found out that a new camera would be cheaper. Seriously people? Why can't you just make replaceable parts for these things?
This is how I got my fourth camera. It's nice and black and all shiny. I am going to guard it with my life. It's going to go with me on my mission and it's going to come back in one, not broken, piece. And Mum bought a 2 year warranty for it. If it breaks in anyway it will be replaced. Mwhahahaha. Still guarding it with my life though.

Anywayz. Christmas was great! I didn't get a lot of presents but I'm totally okay with that. I would rather the money go to my mission than anything right now. Though my wonderful sister Lani did give me one of the coolest things ever. She made me some Felix Felicis. It's so awesome. She put it in a tiny potions bottle on a necklace and everything. I'm thinking about taking it on my mission but I don't know if that would count as sacrilegious or not.

Well, hope you had a Merry little Christmas yourself and happy New Year!


Oh and if you don't know what Felix Felicis is, go read a small book series called Harry Potter.

No comments: