Monday, May 23, 2011

Success at a new goal

"The choices I wish I made, I always make to late."
Sick Puppies
So I forgot to mention one goal on my list for the summer, and that is to become more social. That goal is going great! Thanks to the awesome people in my ward and friends I have around here in homecity. The first week of May I went to the first of the rooftop concert series with Kwistin and some other people from the ward. You can read more about it on her blog
the rooftops
I also have been to several other concerts at Sammy's with Mal and her brother. Some of the bands were kinda sad, like I can't believe people told you you were good sad, but I have found some new bands to follow. Oh speaking of which, I have happily found a new singer to follow! It took me a while to find her because a few years back my music taste was way different and she had a chart topping song and I tended to avoid those. Sara Bareilles is her name! She isn't the typical sound but I heard one of her latest songs on the radio, Uncharted, and thought I would check out her latest CD, Kaleidoscope Heart, and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure Mum and Da aren't cause it's what I listen to every night. Anyway long tangent, sorry!
I've also been on a few adventures with said friends and fellow wardies. We went and saw a show at this really awesome place, The Music Muse, and then went and had Frozen Yogurt that was supper yummy. Oh and Sunday Kwistin had the brilliant idea to do a small scripture study group, which coincides with my get-more-spiritual goal. I had fun....not right word but you know what I mean, talking about Luke 16 and watching the flow of conversation and how things lead to different things. Once again I felt like I made really stupid connects and let my mouth run but that's just me.

This section is kinda a downer so you can skip it if you want.
It's kind of strange to look back a year ago and think it was a year ago, but at the same time it seems so much longer.
I had a boy starting to walk out of my life and another starting to walk in.
Basically I was supper frustrated with B.M. and his cousin. Silly reason but I was so angry with them. I took this really long walk so I would miss FHE and avoid people. I even had Skillet blaring in my ears the whole time.
I got back to the apartment when I thought everyone would have left, so around 7:30, but forgot that we moved FHE to 7:15 so everyone was just settling down. Grr! I can't be angry around people outside my apartment! So I put on a smile and sat on the couch very grumpily. Georgia boy was sitting on the floor kinda next to the couch and and at one point looked at me and asked very sincerely "Are you okay?" I gave my usual answer but then decided to have fun flirting, and boy did we.
Anyway, this year I have a boy walking out and non walking in. May, I hate you. Just so you know. June you're on my list too, but I can't hate you because I was born during your reign.

No comments: