Monday, October 01, 2007

Updating

"Chaos is the score upon which reality is written."
Henry Miller
Life is good? I say this because life is good but also really bad. If that makes any sense whatsoever.
It's good because I'm close to getting my 4.0 i've been dreaming of since freshmen year, friends no longer want to kill eachother and I went to two rocking, very different birthday parties over the weekend. Life is good no?
Then saturday morning I got a phone call,
"Hello?"
"Hey, did I wake you up?" (the time being 9:30ish)
"No, what's up?"
Silence..... at first I thought it was my phone being it's stupid self and losing the connection, then I heard the sniffs.
"Kay? Kay what's wrong?" I started to freak, Kay is not the person that falls apart easily.
"My grandpa, he's dead." At first I was relieved that she wasn't hurt or someone wasn't robbing her house.
For the next little bit I talked to her while she choked on tears. She was confused why she was crying because, believe me, we both knew it was better he died. That sounds harsh but he was abusive to his wife and he was a drunk, so much so that he had boils all over his body from drinking or something like that. So we talked it over a little bit and she wanted to get ready for the day so we hung up.
A few hours later I went to the local Wal-Mart, my mother had a gift card and I had no cash, so I could buy her something to cheer her up. I found a cute lovable pig that was soft and easy to squeeze, perfect. So I took it over to her and spent some time talking about other things to take her mind off of the death. (oh we named the pig Sir Plushie).
Anyway that's basically it for now
Laterz

No comments: