Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Boxers or Briefs?

"We shouldn't look for someone to complete us, but rather be complete in ourselves. Two complete people can still be one."
100th post wahoo!!!

Alright, a quick explanation of boxers or briefs. It's a lot like Apples to Apples. Only instead of having one card with one word on it you have a card with several phrases on it. The categories are: I am, I..., I want, I like, I don't, I have. Each card will have one of each category. There is a six sided dice that you roll and it will pick the category for you. You have a judge and those that place a card. Then the judge picks the funniest, that player gets a briefs token, and the most true, this player gets a briefs token. The first with 6 tokens wins.
It is a very fun game though there are some wow in a bad way lines. Most lines are funny though.

I went to the welcome back bash dance on saturday and had a blast. We even met some new friends. Im sure the dance would have been better if Liz was there but she was in Utah. Sunday was fun to because we had a potluck dinner and played, you guessed it, boxers or briefs. I like having activities every week. Our room has decided on having movie nights every friday because Liz and Kim brought so many . It's great.
Also last night was FHE with the ward it was a blast. We had name tags but we, my apartment, put the TMNT names because we decided they are cool and we will be them once we go to the store and get the appropriate colored fabric. I know we are strange but it's college. Only a few people got the joke and most just asked us our real names. It was nice because there was a ton of free pizza and we got to hang out some boys, mostly Han.
Then we had been back at the apartment for a few hours I got a text from Sea Bass that said he thought that Han was on the way over. He then explained that Han had left randomly, not so random I found out later, and Sea Bass didn't know anywhere else he would go.
So I texted Han and asked if he was okay, it being around 11:15 pm. He said he was on a walk because the boys had started to watch 300 in his room, I'm guessing it wasn't edited either. I texted Sea bass and asked what he was doing watching an R movie and he said don't worry about it. I texted back and told him I was going to worry, and he said he was doing laundry and he wasn't "really" watching it. I'm proud of Han for not watching and disappointed in the other boys for watching because I know of at least three scenes in there that are not suitable for pre missionaries or for any member.

To end on a good note my science teacher is awesome. He teaches exactly how I like to learn, through stories. And he taught in the Middle East for a few years before coming to the Y-I. Oh yeah, I think I'm going to like this semester a lot! Plus my roomies just rule.

1 comment:

Lalani said...

So fun! I'm excited for you.