Friday, June 06, 2008

Updates

"Filling a bookcase is like gathering a social circle."
- May Lamberton Becker
Lets start with the good news shall we? I graduated, wahoo, and am now getting ready to go to college in July. I got my new laptop another wahoo!! I also got with it a free nano ipod. Sweet no? I also get to go east for the first time in my life. The bad news with that is my trip to Israel is cancelled. We are not sure if it is just postponed or forever cancelled we just know I'm not leaving on Sunday. But I am leaving Monday for the east, a fun trip with my mom and dad before I leave. I just wish I could go to Israel, I went to a two day culture and language class to prepare to go and it was so much fun. Our teacher was from Morocco and she was hilarious. Professor Belnap, the professor in charge of the arabic program, was there the first day and he told my parents he was impressed with me. That made me really confident that I could survive for three weeks in Israel.
My birthday was a blast, I had a family dinner that I feel kinda bad about because I spent most of it with my three friends but I had tons of fun and I still got to see family so...
So I have dubbed one of my friends with the nickname of Mena. Why? Because my older sister had a friend of that name who flirted with all the guys and all the guys had a crush on her. And that equals my friend perfectly. She is all over this one guy when he's around even though she tells me repeatedly she doesn't like him and then when he's gone she's flirting with all the other boys. Yuck.
Oh well, I'm just glad I'm not like that.
Gotta blaze

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Graduated? What?? I know that I told you this already....by you graduating, this ages me. Oh my!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!