Sunday, July 08, 2007

The summer

"You've achieved success in your field when you don't know whether what you're doing is work or play."--Warren Beatty

Things I've learned so far this summer:
1. IT IS NO FUN TO CRASH YOUR CAR!!!
2. True friends still love you after you almost kill them in said car crash
3. It sucks not having a car
4. Having family around is a blast
5. Sometimes it takes talking to a cousin to make you feel loved and you belong
6. Weddings are fun and horrible at the same time
7. Boys are way to confusing for my poor brain to handle
8. You're at someones house way to much when their parents start mixing you up with their children
9. Fireworks are fun
10, Some authors are just mean to their readers.

So June 13th I crashed my car. Almost flipped it, rear axle was misalligned(sp?), had a big dent in the side, her only mirror broke off, did something to the front. Wasn't worth repairing, she was going down hill anyway. I only got whiplash and bruises, my friends who were with me got some bruises too and that's it. I'll miss that car.

Klah got married today, that was fun. My family, well my dad's side of the family, decended in a swarm as we usually do. It's good to see cousins and aunts and uncles again. Bonds are so much fun to re-strengthen. Though I never want to cut another yam again.
It's good to have friends who will be dumb with you. Kay and I managed to get whipped cream from my cup cake all over eachother faces at the "after wedding party" tonight. Uncle took pictures of it and hopefully I'll get a copy. If I do I'll hide it away for a couple of years till one of us gets married and see if we do it again.
Klah's car somehow got decorated with oreos and window paint. Have no idea how that happened.
That's about it for now........................

1 comment:

dnatheory said...

What's your email address, girl?