Sunday, October 01, 2006

Homecoming

So last week was Homecoming. I was super stoked for it, my co-worker can testify to that. I started counting down the weeks two months before the dance. Anyway I was getting really depressed because it was a week before the dance and still no guy had asked me! I had even started planing a pitty party for that night.
Then a week before the dance my Mom gets a phone call. This is pretty much all I could hear.
Boy:Gurgle gurgle
Mom: Yes this is she
Boy: Gurgle gurgle Kanani
Mom: Yes... How do you know this person?
By this point my sister and I are looking at each other trying to find out if my Mom has a stalker or if it's really about me.
Then my mom gets out of the car and walks around the house so we can't listen in any more.
K lah then starts freaking out because she's figured out that it's probably a guy asking if it's okay to take me to Homecoming. There is much celebration on my part. For the next day I watch my house like a hawk to see if he drops anything asking me to Homecoming.... nothing.
Monday comes and I go to earlymorning semenary. I barely sit down in my seat when my friend comes in with some balloons and a piece of paper, she smiles then leaves. I look at the paper and it says this: "I would explode with joy if you went to Homecoming with me."
I am super stoked for the rest of the day.
After school I go to the bakery where I work and get doughnuts to reply to my date. My co-workers see me and ask what am I doing. I tell and one wants to do my hair and makeup. I agree and then I leave.
The next day I go into his semenary class and drop off the doughnuts with a note saying: "When going to Homecoming with you is such a treat, my only answer can be yes."
I think this gave him the wrong impression. He calls me that night to get to know me before our date. He has to go so he hangs up. Two minutes later he calls back, I don't answer. That's mean I know but I didn't know what to do. The next day he repeats this. And the next day too. Pretty much up till Saturday he called me.
Anyway, Friday my co-worker comes over to play with my hair so she'll know what to expect the next day. She plucked my eyebrows too. Do you know how much that hurts?!
Anyway next day, I get earings from my neighbor, go shoe shopping and go to the bakery to get my co-worker who is utterly confuesed as how to get to my house... Mwhahahaha.
She does my hair beautifuly in thirty minutes and then leaves my house. My sister does my makeup. I call the friend that I got the earings from because I forgot to get the matching necklace. She doesn't answer so I go upstairs to play BattleGrounds, I have plenty of time right?
I finish kicking some Empire butt so I decided to call her again, on the way to the phone I see her and my other friend coming so I open the door for them. Both of their jaws dropped upoun seeing me. They rave at how cute I look and then we start to freak out, well I did, a the realization that I only have thirty minutes to get into my dress paint my nails so they match my dress and have time to breath before my date gets there.
So we finish with plenty of time, around ten minutes, so I go downstairs to show my dad the finished product and all of a sudden I hear "KANANI! HE'S HERE!" I freak out and run upstairs, meeting my two friends in the hall so I won't be in the room when he comes in. My mom calls for me when he's in the main living room so I walk out. "Wow" no kidding that's the first thing he said to me, Wow. I can totally hear my friends in the hall and look over my shoulder and see them poking their heads around the corner, I roll my eyes and pin the botanier(sp?) thingy on him and leave. We get into his sister's convertable and drive off, with my friends waving frantikly at me from the window.
Very little small talk in the car and we arrive at the resteraunt. Waiting for us was our group, full of people I have prior issues with. We make it through dinner and go to the dance. Which was fun except for the fact that my date didn't talk to me very much but apparently he had a magical time, according to what he told his semenary class the next day.
I got the account three times seeing as I have three friends in his class.
It was fun but not magical.
Sorry this post is so long.
Laterz, gotta blaze.

1 comment:

Kanani said...

Oh right, I totaly forgot about that.
We did! After something like ten years of not winning homecoming, we won!!