Saturday, August 18, 2007

Shopping

"There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
W. Somerset Maugham

So I went shopping with Ly, Jan, Adri, and Kay on Wensday. Suprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There were some small fights about what I would try on but other than that nothing major happened. I got some really cute shirts before Adri had to go. I dropped her off at my house so she could get her car, then Ly decided that she should probably go help her mom with stuff so Kay, Jan and I stayed and talked for a bit before Jan had to leave too.
It was down to me and Kay, which might not be the best thing for the rest of the population. We went to the mall and managed to find some cute slacks for me, after a lot of questions that I felt stupid for not knowing the answer too.
"What size are you?" "I don't know"
and more of the like. Poor Kay, I have no idea how she deals with me.
After that we went shopping for some stuff for her and then went to Red Robin for a late dinner, it being around 8 at this point. That was fun because we got to talk, which we were doing before but I felt like we were older and were old friends catching up, ya know. It felt more suffisticated(sp?) because we were talking over dinner in a kinda fancy resteraunt. Sounds stupid but whatever. Then we came back to my house and talked while playing cards.
I told her about my beserker story that I've had rolling around in my head for a while and she liked the sound of it. I just hope I can use it this year in creative writting. That should make Rutter think I'm even more weird.
Gotta blaze!

No comments: